Antitrust Law

Asbestos Law

Civil Rights Law

Communications Law

Contract Law

Dispute Resolution

Divorce Law

Education Law

Family Law

Health Law

Immigration Law


Internet Law

Intellectual Property

Landlord Tenant Law

Law Schools

Lawsuit Funding

Lemon Law

Medical Malpractice

Other Law Fields

Personal Injury

Prepaid Legal Services

Structured Settlement

Tax Law

Workers Comp


Free Legal Advice

Online Legal Forms

Legal Answers

Legal Definitions

Advertise on LDB



F-1 Visas - For Students

Navigation:  Home > Immigration Law> F-1 Visas


F-1 Visas are for students going to a college or university accredited by the INS. To get a student visa, you have to qualify to enter the college or university, and, in many cases, pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Once you enter the school, you must prove that you have enough resources to avoid working illegally in the United States. F-1 Students, however, can work in on-campus jobs, college internships or co-ops, or in positions required to complete a degree, so long as you donít work more than 20 hours per week. In limited circumstances, you can also work if you have severe economic hardship.

Sponsored Ads

Find a Lawyer

Sponsored Links

Your Ad Here