Antitrust Law

Asbestos Law

Civil Rights Law

Communications Law

Contract Law

Dispute Resolution

Divorce Law

Education Law

Family Law

Health Law

Immigration Law


Internet Law

Intellectual Property

Landlord Tenant Law

Law Schools

Lawsuit Funding

Lemon Law

Medical Malpractice

Other Law Fields

Personal Injury

Prepaid Legal Services

Structured Settlement

Tax Law

Workers Comp


Free Legal Advice

Online Legal Forms

Legal Answers

Legal Definitions

Advertise on LDB



If I am convicted of a felon, can I get the right to vote restored?

Navigation:  Home > Legal Questions >If I am a convicted felon, can I get the right to vote restored?


In many (in fact most) cases, if you are convicted of a felony, you will lose some of your civil rights, specifically the right to vote, at least temporarily. Whether or not you can get this right restored depends on what state you live in. In some states, you can only regain the right to vote if you are pardoned of the felony conviction, in other states, you regain the right to vote as soon as you are released from prison and/or have served out your probationary term. Still, in other situations, if you are convicted of certain violent felonies, you can never regain your right to vote.


Again, it all depends on the state in which you live. For a primer on voting rights and felonies in each state, you can find information at the National Conference of State Legislators specific to your situation.

Sponsored Ads

Find a Lawyer

Sponsored Links

Your Ad Here